Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > Chrysler J2534
Chrysler J2534

6094 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2018-05-24 09:14:24

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-07-28 19:24:38
      Anybody ever use Chysler's J2534 application? I hooked up to a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.0L.
    When I started the app a message popped up saying no on line files were available. Go to techauthority.com and download a file to install.
     I go to techauthority, select the radial button for the file that I want to download and nothing happens! No download, no error message, nothing.
     I tried disabling my firewall, virus scan, and even tried a different browser. I'm running Windows 10 with Google Chrome browser. I tried with Internet Explorer too.
     If it was because they had no newer calibration available would it say that? You would think I would get some kind of error message or some type of feedback.
    Kevin

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    AES

2017-08-10 14:07:27 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I haven't been able to get chrysler to work with windows10 I use and older laptop with
    vista and no problems at all

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-08-14 01:26:22 (Reply to:AES)
      I have done calibration updates on several vehicles 2010 and newer. I have to install a new PCM in a 2012 Durango next week. I'll post back on how that goes.
     What I don't like the most about Chrysler J2534 is no support for installing used PCM's. I'm hoping I have no problem with the new PCM. I was affraid to order a reman because I don't know if the J2534 supports installing reman's.
     The other day I tried purchasing a 24 hour subscription to Chysler at least 6 times. The charge would not go through. No explanation, just no response.
     Then I tried a 3 day subscription and it went right through. I don't know what's up with that! Do they still sell 1 day subscriptions?
     Kevin

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-08-15 01:17:16 (Reply to:Kevin H)

you must use internet explorer. if you are still having problems contact aetools, they are the ones in charge of j2534 support for Chrysler

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-09-14 13:10:33 (Reply to:Kevin H)

So how did the installation of the new PCM in the 2012 Durango go using the MaxiFlash Pro . I have a Maxi Flash Elite that came with my Maxi Sys Pro? My Maxi Sys ProTablet  looks Like a regular MS908 from the front , just reads Maxi Sys, but label on back reads MaxiSys Pro and the VCI is a Maxi Sys Elite. I like the larger screen than my DS708 and knowing I have a J2534 in the event I need it sooner or later. The Tablet WIFI strength display shows considerably less just moving to another room than my Samsung S7 does, but The Maxi Flash Elite Blue Tooth VCI seems to cover a good distance, and so far happy with the Blue Tooth Range.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-09-14 13:11:27 (Reply to:Kevin H)

redundant posting, disregard

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-10-04 22:13:04 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
      Spike you were right! I called AETools and they remotely took control of my computer and fixed it. The main issue was with java. You must use java version 8. Mine was the newest version (I think it was 11). He installed the older version 8 for me.
     I had no problem with the 2010 and up J2534 app. It downloads the files for you.
     The 2009 and older version you must download the files first then run the app. So if anybody is having trouble downloading Chrysler's files, YOU MUST RUN JAVA 8. The newer versions will not work! 
     The tech support guy told me that he gets 15 calls a day for this download issue.
    Thanks Spike! I'll check later and post the exact java version. I know it was version 8 but that is it. It is probably the same version listed in the j2534 instructions.

OK, Here is an update. I'm trying to install a new WIN module in a 2008 Grand Cherokee. Now I can download PCM files from tech authority but I can not download any other files listed. I get a "could not download files" error when I try downloading the WIN file.
     Do they show you files that are not covered under J2534? In other words, is the PCM the only module programable with the Chrysler j2534 app in a 2008 Grand Cherokee? There are other files in the list of downloads, why would they list them if they are not downloadable?
    Kevin

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    gblue

2017-10-05 04:43:57 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Use your maxisys first and go to the wcm menue a

nd do the wcm replaced first. Then if it needs programing the chry j2534 app will allow it then.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-10-05 16:29:49 (Reply to:gblue)

Sounds like a No WIN situation to me , Bah ha ha...... I think the WIN module is supposed to be unplugged at some stage during a used ECM installation procedure .

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-10-05 22:01:04 (Reply to:gblue)
     Hi gblue,
     I tried your suggestion. I went into the wireless module, did the WCM Replaced function. Then I tried to program the keys and I got some error, something like "could not determine if vehicle is equipped with PEV". The keys would not program.
     I tried that two or three times and now when you turn the key on half of the modules do not power up and is off the data line. I could still talk to the WIN module though.
     I do have the right PIN code by the way.
  Total2 Pages